All children have unique strengths and needs, and deserve an individualized, collaborative, quality education.
Every individual is worthy.
Individuals rise to meet expectations.
Program Supervision Mission Statement (Special Education Director):
We should provide districts with up-to-date information concerning IDEA, Rule 51, and other compliance and regulatory initiatives.
We assist in fostering positive relationships between districts and their families in supporting students.
We provide technical assistance to districts in support of student learning.
It is what it is.
1) Celebrate the success of the ESU 4 Special Education staff, including the initiation of educational revolutions.
2) Increase efforts to promote ESU 4's mission within correspondence and via newspapers, newsletter, presentations and radio.
1) Develop a profile (or final report) that includes data from the ESU 4 Special Education staff sharing information about their services, staff development opportunities, evaluations, student achievement, program goals, outcomes data, etc.
2) Continue the implementation a staff evaluation/development system that is research/evidence-based, includes the self assessment of professional skills, provides specific feedback to staff, and creates a foundation for each staff member's individual development/training plan, for the entire ESU 4/NCECBVI staff. (QOE/PLN project.)
1) Create a new staff/teacher orientation handbook, explaining the scope of services and mission of ESU 4/NCECBVI.
2) Develop a profile (or final report) that includes data from the ESU 4 Special Education staff sharing information about their services, staff development opportunities, evaluations, student achievement, program goals, outcomes data, etc.
Results of Self Assessment: Leadership Practices Inventory (Pfeiffer Publishers; adapted from Kouzes and Posner)
In March, 2011, the ESU 4 Special Education staff was asked to rate my leadership behaviors, as well as encouraged to rate their own leadership behaviors. We adjusted the 10 point scale to 4 points...
1 - almost never
2 - sometimes
3 - usually
4 - almost always
The following are the leadership behaviors, followed by the ranking given to each of the behaviors: