Questions? Contact Ellen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) October 19, 2010 - "What's Up in Nebraska?" - Visit three transition programs in Nebraska in Grand Island, South Sioux City, and Scottsbluff.
2) November 16, 2010 - "Transitioning to Adulthood: A Story of Bipolar Disorder - A mother and daughter share the story of a journey to adulthood with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder.
3) January 18, 2011 - "An Overview of Transition Assessment Choices" - Dr. Mary Morningstar, University of Kansas, will present an overview of appropriate transition assessment choices and information on using the information to plan and deliver services.
4) February 15, 2011 - "Thnk College Initiative" - Debra Hart and Cate Weir, the Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts/Boston, will discuss the national initiative 'Think College.'
5) March 15, 2011 - "The Community Supports Program" - An overview of the program will be followed by two case studies of young adults who are using the funding model to improve their quality of life in the community.
6) April 12, 2011 - "Creating Unique Employment Possibilities" - Dr. Wendy Parent, The Beech Center at the University of Kansas, will share her experiences in creating supported and customized employment options.