Coop Orders are due to Katrina by Friday, April 22nd.
then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength. " ~Michael Jordan
Courageously leading a dynamic revolution in Education!
We received the time study packets...
Katrina will get them to all our lucky 'winners' in the van mail soon!
Leadership Behavior Results... Remember that self assessment form I gave to staff at the March staff meeting? I also asked the staff who were not in attendance at the meeting to evaluate my leadership skills. The results are posted under the ESU 4 Director of Special Education tab of this website. Have you completed your self-assessment of your leadership skills?
Webinar #1 Address - http://esu4.na5.acrobat.com/p16028897/
Webinar #2 Address - http://esu4.na5.acrobat.com/p83174927/
Questions? Contact Ellen (email@example.com)
**Observation (Evaluation) Schedules... All observations that were scheduled have been completed! You should have received your 1 page comments concerning the observation event. Remember to schedule your end of the year/summative conversation! Dates are posted below...
I will need the following forms and documentation from the following people.
Self Evaluation (originally due 9/10) - Kathy Novak
Goals and Individual Development Plan (originally due 9/10) - Kathy Novak
Lesson Reflection (originally due 11/19/10) - Kathy Novak, Joel Halpine
- Wednesday, April 20th (a.m. only)
- Monday, April 25th (all day... I know that this is generally a day off but the Learning Center is in session and I will be available.)
- Gail Palmer - 9:15 a.m.
- Christy Tanner - 11:30 a.m.
- Amy Jobe - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26th (any time)
- Julinne Moore - 10:00 a.m.
- Aimee Daily - 11:15 a.m.
Monday, May 2nd (a.m. only) Monday, May 9th (before 9:30 only)
- Wednesday, May 11th (a.m. only)
- Thursday, May 12th (p.m. only)
Friday, May 13th
- Wednesday, May 18th (a.m. only)
- Thursday, May 19th (anytime)
- Friday, May 20th (anytime)
- Denise Buethe - 10:00 a.m.
- Ellen Cain - 1:00 p.m.
- Jodie McConnaughey - 2:00 p.m.
- Note that I'm also willing to meet after May 20th... contact me if you need to schedule after the 20th.
INFORMATION & UPDATES FROM 3/10/11 STAFF MEETING...
IEP meetings, busy schedules and technology... Please don't hesitate to work with districts using technology as you schedule IEP meetings into your busy schedules. I'd like to be able to reduce the amount of travel; it's always my goal that once you get to a district/school, you stay there throughout the day as much as possible. Skype, iChat, and Distance Learning are all great ways to participate in meetings...
End of the Year Assignments and Inventory... I would like to have all speech tests and psych tests returned to the ESU at the conclusion of the school year, for the purposes of inventory and preparing orders for the next school year. I realize that some of the speech tests will be needed throughout the summer; with your help, we will work quickly to get the inventory complete.
What does it mean to be a leader at ESU 4? (Activity: Define "Leadership" in 10 words or less.)
- It means... "Guiding and empowering with respect, understand and integrity."
- It means... "Building and empowering relationships through trust, respect and knowledge."
A Note of Thanks was received at the ESU 4 Office from Gail Palmer. In her note, Gail wrote that she appreciated the positive words and support from everyone.
Technology Goals from 12/2010...
Life Skills - Continue to learn more about Google-Docs. We have come a LONG way and are continuing to search out more ways to incorporate technology in our class for students as well as teachers/staff.
- P - persist no matter what
- E - endure discomfort
- R - request help
- S - steadfastly hold on to your beliefs and values
- E - envision triumph
- V - very consistently keep at it
- E - embrace adversity as your teacher
- R - refuse to give up
- E - enjoy and celebrate every tiny bit of progress!
So... Lighten up!!!
Time Management 101... In the interest of trying to support some of you who are still working on the resolution to be better organized in 2011, I found this article from the Harvard Business Review booklet by way of the "Marshall Memo" that is sent to ESUs every couple of weeks. CEO Peter Bregman recommends a 4 step-process each day...
1) Plan for the day (5 minutes)... before you even turn on the computer! Make your list; similar to decide which "frog" you're going to eat.
2) Calendar the day... take out your calendar and schedule your top priorities into specific time slots, putting the hardest and most important items earlier in the day. (Sound familiar, frog fans?)
3) Refocus for one minute every hour... set your phone, watch, computer to ring every hour. When it rings, stop what you're doing, take a deep breath, look at your list and ask if your last hour was productive. Then, look at your calendar and recommit yourself to how you're going to use the next hour.
4) Review (5 minutes)... At the end of the day, shut off your computer and look back on the day. What worked? Did you get distracted? What can you do better tomorrow?
The correct answer is... ALWAYS!!!
Never stop playing the game!